Editing PDF documents is not as easy as editing text or Microsoft word documents and requires specialized tools to modify PDF files. One of the ways to make modifications in a PDF document is to convert them into word format.
There is a lot of free and premium software available in the market to do the task. Here is a list of the best free online PDF editing Tools tools that will help you to get the job done from your web browser.
Smallpdf is one of the most popular online websites to convert and modify a lot of document types. They also offer a lot of tools to convert and edit PDF documents for free, following are the key features and how-to guide to make the most out of their PDF editing tool.
- Add text and fill forms : Quickly to add text and fill out PDF forms. Import files straight from your PC, Dropbox, or Google Drive to this editor.
- Easy-to-use PDF editor : A very simplified interface to make it easy to edit documents, adding text, you can modify your PDF further by adding various shapes and drawings.
- Functional across all devices : This is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac devices. As it is browser-based, as well as with mobile devices. No installation or registration is necessary.You can use our PDF editor online from anywhere, via your favorite web browser.
- Convert to Word to edit original content : This site can convert PDF to Word tool to transform your PDF into an editable Word document and the formatting is kept in place.
- Upload your files from any of your online drive such as Google or dropbox.
- Add text to PDF. Type on a PDF : Make sure the ‘Text’ tool is selected. Click anywhere on the PDF page to add text.
- Change PDF text : Select the ‘Text’ tool in the top toolbar. Click any existing text to start editing. Make text bold or italic, change font size, font family and text color.
- Add image to PDF : Click the ‘Images’ menu and select ‘New Image’. Select an image from your computer and then add it to the PDF page. You can drag with your mouse to move it, drag on the corners to resize it.
- Fill out PDF forms : Create input form for you pdf for example if you want to create a box to make a signature you can create.
- Add links to PDF and edit existing hyperlinks : Add new links to web URLs or pages in the document. Easily edit existing hyperlinks in the PDF.
- Whiteout PDF : Cover part of the PDF page with a white rectangle so the contents are no longer visible.
- Add shapes : Click the ‘Shape’ tool to add rectangular or ellipsis shapes to a PDF page. Change border or background fill color.
- Find and replace in PDF : Easily find and replace all occurrences of words in a PDF this is an important feature if you have to edit a typo in the pdf of your interest.
- Add form fields to PDF : Click on ‘Forms’ in the top menu and select the type of form input you want to add: Text, Multiline Text, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio choices. Click on the desired form field type and place it on the page. Enter the new field’s name and, optionally, the default value.
- Annotate PDF pages : Use the PDF annotator to strikethrough and highlight text on PDF pages. Click on ‘Annotate’, then choose the style and select text on page to apply.
- Edit PDF Files
- Annotate PDF Documents
- Fill Out PDF Forms
- Create Basic PDF Forms
- Password Protect PDF Files
- Share Documents Online
- Upload your pdf from desktop or cloud storage : Select a PDF for editing by uploading the document from your computer, or through a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Dropbox or simply drag-and-drop the PDF file into the box to upload.
- Edit pages : Change the order of your pages, remove pages, or add new ones. Format page layout, margins, background, and page size. Edit PDF files to your needs.
- Edit content : Add text anywhere in your PDF and select your desired font style from a long list of choices. You can also choose the font attribute for text (i.e., bold, italic, underline, etc.), as well as adjust the font size. Add or create images for visual appeal, then use the Ruler and Grid tools to align and adjust objects.
- Manipulate document : Manipulate and share your document with the world! Use the Compress tool to reduce the size of your document & make electronic distribution easier. To compress your document, simply choose “Reduce File Size” from the File menu.
- Merge PDF files : Combine PDFs in the order you want with the easiest PDF merger available.
- Split PDF file : Separate one page or a whole set for easy conversion into independent PDF files.
- Compress PDF files : Reduce file size while optimizing for maximal PDF quality.
- Convert PDF to WORD : Convert your PDF to WORD documents
- Convert PDF to POWERPOINT: Turn your pdf into ready to do powerpoint presentation.
- Convert PDF to EXCEL : Convert Excel to PDF and set the page orientation as you prefer
- Convert WORD to PDF : Create doc online and convert them into pdf.Make DOC and DOCX files easy to read by converting them to PDF.
- Convert POWERPOINT to PDF : Make PPT and PPTX slideshows easy to view by converting them to PDF.
- Convert EXCEL to PDF : Convert your excel files easily to pdf using this site.
- PDF Editor : Edit and modify your pdf document with ease.
- PDF to JPG : Convert each PDF page into a JPG or extract all images contained in a PDF.
- JPG to PDF : Convert JPG images to PDF in seconds. Easily adjust orientation and margins.
- Add PDF page numbers : Add page numbers into PDFs with ease. Choose your positions, dimensions, typography.
- Add watermark into a PDF : Imprint your company name or initials on the pdf document by this utility.
- HTML to PDF : This is an important feature when you want to read a html file in pdf format.
- Unlock PDF and protect pdf : Remove PDF password security, giving you the freedom to use your PDFs as you want and vice versa.
- Organize PDF : Sort, add and delete PDF pages. Drag and drop the page thumbnails and sort them in our PDF organizer.
- Review & Edit PDFs: Easily add, erase or highlight text, include images and signatures, merge, split and rotate PDF files.
- Create & Convert PDFs: Convert different document Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) documents formats to PDF and images and PDFs to Word.
- Save & Secure PDFs: Secure your PDF document with passwords or remove passwords from protected documents.
- Import documents: Import documents directly from Dropbox and Google drive.
How to edit a PDF file online:
- Drag and drop your PDF document into the PDF Editor.
- Add text, images, shapes or freehand annotations as you wish.
- You can also edit the size, font, and color of the added content.
- Click ‘Apply’ and save the changes and download your edited PDF.